Hire an Webmaster Virtual Assistants to maintain your ongoing website management tasks
Running a website is more than just knocking together a few articles and getting them up. There is a huge amount that needs to be considered, from social media promotion to SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
The webmaster is usually the person who is in charge of the site, but most commonly their area of expertise is the technical aspects – from doing simple updates of the style or theme, through to complex overhauls and even scratch building of modifications or plug ins.
This sort of technical knowledge is very specialised, and not something that many people who run websites have skills in. Which is why outsourcing to webmaster services, such as a webmaster VA, is so common and useful.
What is a Webmaster VA?
A webmaster VA is an individual that you can outsource some or all of your webmaster services to. The VA stands for 'Virtual Assistant', and is a way of saying that you outsource it to someone offsite (often abroad), who does the work remotely.
The type webmaster VA you look to bring in will be someone who has the skills to do whatever specific job or jobs you want them to do, or a broad range of skills so you can outsource literally everything webmaster services related to him.
The sort of website management roles that many companies and individuals outsource to a webmaster VA include:
- Security. Hacking is a sad fact of online life these days, as are many viruses, so it is important that you have a high level of security for your site. Keeping this secure and up to date is an important part of website management.
- Compatibility. Software moves on, browsers change and techniques and coding evolves. For a website to function properly it needs to ensure that all it's various aspects are still compatible, and they work with the sort of software that visitors and customers will be using.
- Development. For sites to thrive they need to grow, from adding new content to adding sections that users can interact with. The use of a webmaster VA here can be vital in ensuring that they are new areas, new interactions on the site that will keep visitors coming back again and again.
- Fault fixing. Software messes up eventually. It is a sad fact of life that software will at some point fail. Which is why one of the most vital of webmaster services is to ensure that it gets fixed and online as quickly as possible, whether that means fixing the coding or restoring to a back up. When a site is down money and traffic are being lost, so best let an expert Webmaster VA fix it than try fumble around yourself, potentially making things worse.
- Design. Even if you have all the skills that website management needs, it is not just behind the scene aspects that webmasters need to be considering. These days design can play almost as an important a role as function, with users insisting that a site looks as good as it performs. This means that the design aspects of webmastering might well be a good idea to outsource to a webmaster VA if you are not that way inclined.
- Moderation. If you site includes aspects such as comments, or s forum, then you are going to need to keep an eye on what people are posting. This could be anything from stopping simple spam attacks through to ensuring the safety of users – and often this is a legal requirement (protecting minors for example). If you don't have the time to moderate everything that is going on then a VA that offers moderation as part of their webmaster services could be useful.
- Editor. Content is a vital part of any website – not only is it what people interact with, but it is also what the search engines use to decide what traffic to send your way. This means that you want to be ensuring that the content is of the highest possible standard. If you lack the required skills in language, or you feel your time may be better suited elsewhere, then you should ensure any webmaster VA you hire includes the ability to act as an editor.
Of course you need to ensure they can walk the walk, not just talk the talk. So any time that you hire a webmaster virtual assistant ensure that you test them first. The last thing you want to do is pay out money before you test their work and how much you can trust them.
We provide anytime service and consultation over phone or email. You could always talk to our experts on Instant messenger or Skype. Regular progress reports and timesheets are available whenever you want.
So send across your contact details and requirements to us today. Even better, get on any instant messenger and let us guide you to make the right choice.
Be it one or more projects, you get a fulltime / part time SEO expert to work on your requirements.
Hire a Wemaster Virtual Assistant for on-going management work.
- Keyword research and anlysis reporting.
- On-page optimization work and reporting.
- HTML/CSS Validations as per W3C.org
- Page SEO as per SE's recommendations.
- Site architechture, internal links optimization.
- Do ongoing link building work and reporting.
- Ongoing maintenance tasks and reporting.
- And more SEO services....